to The Journey
Between Fall 2008 and
Spring 2013, The Journey served as a program of ACTS
Seminaries in Langley, BC, offering “modular” courses in
Edmonton. As of Spring 2013, The Journey is no longer
functioning and no further courses will be offered through
this vehicle. For those interested in pursuing seminary
study, you are encouraged to visit ACTS Seminaries for current
offerings and registration procedures.
The Journey provides a fresh
approach which allows you to learn from committed Bible
scholars, while continually applying the insights you are
acquiring within your own church under the mentoring of
your pastor. In The Journey, we believe that learning how
to minister cannot be separated from a vibrant community
where that ministry can be practiced.
• Both academic depth and ministry skills development;
there is a balanced emphasis on both the practical human
context of ministry and the revealed divine content for
• All “modular” courses; You remain in your place of work
or ministry, then gather for an intensive week of input and
interaction, while doing pre- and post-session assignments.
• Church-based learning, in active partnership with ACTS-
• At-home, in-ministry mentorship within your own
• Men or women who are both active in local church ministry
and recognized by their church as gifted for ministry
leadership may apply.
• Many of you will be “second career” individuals from
secular employment who desire equipping for vocational
ministry locally or cross-culturally.
• All applicants will need a local church or denominational
context for ongoing mentorship and immediate application of
the principles and skills learned.
• Typical students will have an undergraduate (Bachelors)
degree or equivalent, though a number may be admitted
without this qualification.
Dr Ed Stuckey, Director